Date: 7/5/17 9:12 am
From: Denise Bittle <djbittle...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Laurel Run Park - disappointed
The mowing occurred too early last year too . I believe the landscapers were not told to hold off until a more appropriate time, and it was on their schedule, so they mowed. It's a case of poor communication from the entity responsible for the maintenance of the place, possibly due to a lack of knowledge about how to manage it for the wildlife.

Denise

________________________________
From: "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan3...>
Date: 7/3/17 12:42 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: <JERSEYBI...>

I know places that do that every couple of years. Their rationale was that
they were trying to keep it grassland and not let the shrubs take over.

Bernie Sloan
Highland Park

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 1:40 PM, Marty DeAngelo <martytdx...> wrote:

> I went to Laurel Run Park in Delran today to hopefully see a repeat
> performance of last year's Dickcissel and Grasshopper Sparrow show. I had
> gone on eBird and noted the lack of sightings but barged ahead anyway.
>
> Imagine my disappointment when all of those fantastic grasslands were
> COMPLETELY MOWED DOWN! Why did the county take a site with successful
> grassland nesters one year and mow it (including small shrubs) the next?!?
>
> Marty DeAngelo
> Haddonfield NJ
>

> How to report NJ bird sightings: see <<http://>www.njbrc.com/index.php/
> reporting-rare-birds/>
> or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
> List help: <jerseybi-request...>
> List archives: https://lists.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=jerseybi

How to report NJ bird sightings: see <www.njbrc.com/index.php/reporting-rare-birds/<http://www.njbrc.com/index.php/reporting-rare-birds/<http://www.njbrc.com/index.php/reporting-rare-birds/<http://www.njbrc.com/index.php/reporting-rare-birds/>>>
or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>
List archives: https://lists.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=jerseybi

How to report NJ bird sightings: see <www.njbrc.com/index.php/reporting-rare-birds/<http://www.njbrc.com/index.php/reporting-rare-birds/>>