Date: 7/3/17 4:36 pm
From: Whimbrel Birders Club <whimbrelbirders...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET No sightings..Response to T&E species thread and Whimbrel Bird Clubber comment
First of all, Henry was referring to Steve's post when he said "Also in the future, with regards to birding ethics, it would certainly be more ethical to contact the person who you have a problem with directly (me, in this case) BEFORE embarrassing them in front of the entire birding community. I therefore do not wish to be a part of this community anymore if people are willing to shame other birders without knowing the entire story. I will not be posting any more reports on IBET (including migration reports) and this email from now one will be inactive."
Secondly, he was obviously referring to Henry.
Thirdly, why not contact him personally?

So therefore his actions did make Henry leave the community.

Oliver

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 3, 2017, at 6:06 PM, Ms Sheryl DeVore <sheryl_1956...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:
>
> I find it necessary to comment to the recent post pointing a huge finger at Steve Bailey blaming him for a birder leaving the list serv.
>
> Steve just pointed out about not revealing locations of endangered species and reminding him, and he didn't mention him by name. We have not lost an amazing birder because of Steve's actions. That's just a simply ridiculous and rude statement.
>
> I know Steve and there was absolutely no harmful or ill-willed intent on his part in reminding people not to post locations of endangered species.
>
> And yet now someone is hurling rude remarks directly at Steve on IBET.
>
> Steve was asked to do something by others who are afraid to stand up for what's right and now Steve gets chided.
>
> WAH!!! I'm going to quit IBET -- I don't like what Whimbrel Birder said about my husband, so Wah, Wah Wah, I'm going to quit. Not that any of you would even care.
>
> Ok, I'm ready -- send some rude comments my way now. Might as well spread them around.
>

> Sheryl De Vore
> Mundelein, Illinois
> <sheryl_1956...>

Join us on Facebook!