Date: 7/1/17 9:38 am
From: Owen Schmidt <oschmidt...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Idaho Point

……. on this USGS map from 1939, it’s called Hinton Point. According to the fourth edition of the venerable McArthur’s Oregon Geographic Names, page 360, “The name Idaho Point seems to have been the result of a real estate venture.” Idaho Flats describes the shallow bay to the west and northwest of the point. IINM

<oschmidt...>
Saturday, July 1, 2017

> On Jun 30, 2017, at 10:51 PM, Meg Ruby <megruby...> wrote:
>
>> Msg: #11 in digest
>> From: "Paul Sullivan" <paultsullivan...> <mailto:<paultsullivan...>>
>> Subject: [obol] neat installation of mobiles at SJYB
>> Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 21:03:00 -0700
>

> Paul, I enjoyed your references to drift wood mobiles and Whimbrels in the Newport area.
>
> For any who may be rusty on Yaquina Bay birding locales, check out the handy ODFW Commercial and Recreational Marine Fisheries map of the Shellfish Areas of Yaquina Bay.
>
> Birder hotspots Idaho Flats and Sallys Bend are denoted clearly.
>
> http://www.dfw.state.or.us/mrp/shellfish/maps/yaquina.asp <http://www.dfw.state.or.us/mrp/shellfish/maps/yaquina.asp>
>
> Anyone know how Idaho Flats came to be so named?
>
> Good Birding!
>
> Meg Ruby
> <merubirds...> <mailto:<merubirds...>

Join us on Facebook!