Date: 6/29/17 8:25 am
From: Albert, Steven <Steven.Albert...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Raven pair
Once again out in the pre-dawn darkness in the Meadowlands. This morning had me inside the Bergen County Utilities Authority wastewater treatment plant in Moonachie. As we were finishing up around 7 AM, I noticed a Common Raven on top of a silo behind me. It was soon joined by a second. Big, black, making the requisite croaks. The pair "settled in", and we watched for another 15 minutes or so until one flew off.

We've come across Ravens in the course of our surveying over the past 9 months. Probably these individuals. Does anyone know if these are a nesting pair? And is the nest indeed on the BCUA silo? Some pix here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98494447@N06/35481210551

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98494447@N06/34802550503

SA

Steven L. Albert, CPEA, QEP
Senior Program Manager, EHS Management
D +1-732-564-3601
M +1-732-832-6195
<steven.albert...><mailto:<steven.albert...>

AECOM
30 Knightsbridge Road
Suite 520
Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA