Date: 6/22/17 6:48 am
From: Liz Thorstenson <lizzylee...> [arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [Arlington Birds] Black-crowned Night Heron
While sitting on my porch Monday night I saw at least 9 fly over the house
on their way somewhere. I say at least because there were a few birds that
I couldn't quite catch with my binocs, but I think they were likely to be
night herons. It could have been as high as 14 that flew by.
There was one group of 4 obviously flying together, and the rest were
singles or pairs.
This was all during a 20 minute period around 7:30 pm. Best time to see
them if you're in the right spot. I'm over by the Alewife Brook.

I sat out watching for them last night but only saw 3 or so.

Liz

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 10:39 PM, <bhyond...> [arlingtonbirds] <
<arlingtonbirds-noreply...> wrote:

> And there were 3 on Spy Pond for awhile this evening.
>
> Barbara Hunter
> Pleasant St
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 21, 2017, at 10:32 PM, Craig Gibson <cbgibson...>
> [arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...> wrote:
>

> Great looks last night at a handful of Black-crowned Night Herons perched
> above the Duck Pond
>
> in downtown Winchester under golden late day sun!
>

> For those with an interest, one image posted:
>

> http://www.pbase.com/birdshots/image/165700783
>

> Enjoy,
>
> Craig Gibson
>
> Winchester