Date: 5/15/17 5:13 pm
From: Clem Klaphake <ckavian...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Sarpy Count
This year's Sarpy County Count was one of the lowest we have had in the
past 14 years - 134 species. Some years we have had 170+.

Highlights:
- 22 warbler species (we have had as high as 28 in some years)
- Both Tanagers
- Connecticut Warbler
- Veery
- Blue Grosbeak
- Acadian Flycatcher
- Sora
- Black Tern

Passerines are kind of missing this spring and with the winds and dense
foliage it makes it even more difficult.

A few of the more obvious missed species:

- Shrike
- Fewer shorebirds than usual
- No Least or Forster's Terns (some years we also have also had Caspian)
- No Gulls
- Horned Lark
- No Egrets or Green Heron
- Yellow-billed Cuckoo missing
- Ruby-crowned Kinglet missing
- Ducks missing
- No Blackburnian, Black-throated Green or Mourning Warblers

Now we will have to wait and see what the NOU outings turn up this weekend.

Clem Klaphake
Sarpy County

Posted by: Clem Klaphake <ckavian...>

<*> Your email settings: