Date: 5/14/17 7:58 am
From: JFR <johnfredman...>
Subject: CANVASBACK/REDHEAD PAIR AT BOYD POINT, PINE BUFF
Yesterday, while photographing foraging Black Terns at the Boyd Point Wastewater Treatment Facility in Pine Bluff, I photographed a Canvasback and Redhead that were swimming together. Other than two Lesser Scaup 50 feet away from them, there were no other ducks. Both the Canvasback and Redhead were males and provided an excellent opportunity for a comparison photo of the two species, not unlike a similar photo that I made in the past of a male Ring-necked Duck and male Lesser Scaup swimming together. Similar photos of Canvasback/Redhead pairs are easily found with a Google search.
John Redman

Join us on Facebook!