Date: 5/5/17 2:35 pm
From: Carol Joan Patterson <0000003a0ccbe138-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Fw: Fwd: Invite: May 9 Senate Briefing and Reception for Migratory Birds
I thought that perhaps some of you bird-lovers might wish to join this briefing, or at any rate sign the petition.Happy birding!Joanie

From: Steve Holmer (via abcorgs list) <abcorgs+sholmer=<abcbirds.org...>
Date: Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 10:56 AM
To: "<abcorgs...>" <abcorgs...>

Dear Friends,Please join us in Washington, D.C. on May 9, from 2 – 7 pm for a legislative briefing on migratory bird conservation programs (see agenda below) followed by a reception and photo exhibit to celebrate the remarkable annual migration of billions of birds. Our thanks to Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Ducks Unlimited, and American Birding Association for sponsoring this event.Please RSVPhere by May 3rdFor those not able to attend,please contact your lawmakers to urge for full funding for bird conservation.
| Standing Together for Migratory Birds – Legislative Briefing and Reception May 9Please join us in Washington, D.C. on May 9, from 2 – 7 pm for a legislative briefing in cooperation with the Honorable Senator Sheldon Whitehouseon migratory bird conservation programs followed by a reception to celebrate the remarkable annual migration of billions of birds.Please RSVPhere by May 3rdThese back-to-back events, sponsored by American Bird Conservancy, Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Ducks Unlimited, and American Birding Association, highlight bird conservation successes and how popular and important birds are to the American people and the economy. Meeting & Reception Agenda, May 9, Kennedy Caucus Room, 325 Russell Senate Office Building 2 pm      Keynote - Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) – Invited 2:05       Overview of Bird Conservation Programs and Hawaii Conservation Fund – Steve Holmer, American Bird Conservancy  2:10       Economics of Migratory Birds and Wildlife Watching – Bill Stewart, American Birding Association 2:25       Science and Migratory Bird Conservation – Ken Rosenberg, Cornell Lab of Ornithology/American Bird Conservancy    2:40       Migratory Bird Conservation Programs (Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act and Migratory Bird Joint Ventures) – Jennifer Cipolletti, American Bird Conservancy; Todd Fearer – Joint Venture Coordinator   2:55       Recovering America’s Wildlife Act – Naomi Edelson, National Wildlife Federation; Jen Mock Schaeffer, Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies 3:10       North American Wetland Conservation Act (NAWCA), Duck Stamp, State and Tribal Wildlife Grants – Dan Wrinn, Ducks Unlimited; Mark Humpert, Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies 3:25       Farm Bill Conservation Programs – Ariel Wiegard, Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership 3:40       Bird Conservation Legislation (Agreement for the Conservation of Albatrosses and Petrels (ACAP) and Land and Water Conservation Fund – Justin Stokes, National Audubon Society  3:55       Success of the ESA and Greater Sage Grouse Conservation – Mark Salvo, Defenders of Wildlife 4:10       Importance of Public Lands for Migratory Bird Conservation – Alan Rowsome - The Wilderness Society  4:25       Closing remarks and questions  4:45 – 7:00         Reception and Photo Exhibit to Celebrate Migratory Birds For more information please contact Jennifer Cipolletti, American Bird Conservancy, 202 888 7476,<jcipolletti...>    |

   Steve HolmerVice President of PolicyAmerican Bird Conservancy &Director, Bird Conservation <Alliance202-888-7490sholmer...> www.abcbirds.org,https://abcbirds.org/get- involved/bird-conservation- alliance/, ABC on Facebook, ABC Videos    ______________________________ ______________________________
<abcorgs...>

http://npogroups.org/lists/ info/abcorgs

Join us on Facebook!