Date: 5/4/17 7:50 pm
From: JFR <johnfredman...>
Subject: LEAST BITTERNS ON WILBUR WEST ROAD IN PINE BLUFF
On 3 May Casey Kell sent me a photo of a male Least Bittern that he had seen in the wetlands on the west end of Wilbur West Road in Pine Bluff, just west of the lake. Today Delos McCauley located and photographed a female Least Bittern foraging within 10 feet of the road and after being joined by Doc George, both observed a male, which Doc was able to capture. As a late arrival, I was able to photograph the female, only because Doc pointed it out to me. This was a new bird for three of us and the first time Delos had observed a Least in Arkansas.
John Redman

Join us on Facebook!