Date: 5/2/17 9:11 am
From: Donna Haynes <00000003bd9d64d2-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: Whoopers etc.
I have a "big guy husband with a truck" who is pretty good at protecting birds.  :-). I'll definitely volunteer him for the job!  Donna Haynes

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 10:56 AM, David Oakley<gdosr...> wrote: Sounds like a winner!

David Oakley4779 Cedar Ridge DriveSpringdale, AR 72764479/422-6588
“Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses"

On May 2, 2017, at 10:17 AM, Karen Konarski-Hart <karen...> wrote:
Many years ago we were on a Christmas Bird Count with Barry in a rougher part of Little Rock and spotted a leucistic white throated sparrow in a trashy lot and pulled over to observe it.   A pickup suddenly pulled up next to us and the big guy inside wanted to know what we were doing.   Seems his wife had seen the bird, at least knew it was different and he didn’t want anyone messing with “his wife’s bird”.  He was somewhat appeased by the explanation of our presence (counting birds??)  but we did not tarry, leaving “Big Guy’s Wife’s Bird” (BGWB) in peace.      Maybe that is the answer to protecting rare birds… just hire a few Big Guys in trucks to keep the lookers movin’ on.     Karen Hart

Join us on Facebook!