Date: 4/20/17 8:52 pm
From: <gdbeebe...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Calliope Hummingbird adult male
Early this morning, a male Calliope Hummingbird showed up two times at my feeder, twenty minutes apart, along with numerous Anna's and several Rufous. Unmistakable individual fanned out red-magenta gorget feathers, with white above from base of bill to below ear. Green crown and back, short bill, a little rufous color around vent or lower belly area. Smaller than Anna's. I was gone most of the day, unfortunately, and upon return, watched until dark, but no-show. I will look early tomorrow and post again. See photo in Gordon Beebe Nature album. Also posted on eBird with photo.

Gordon Beebe
Santa Rosa, west

Join us on Facebook!