Date: 4/20/17 3:41 pm
From: Mike Patterson <celata...>
Subject: [obol] Columbia Estuary Report - 4/20/2017
Columbia Estuary Report - 4/20/2017

At least one LONG-BILLED CURLEW has been regularly reported all
week along Clatsop Beach between Del Rey and Sunset approach.
A sizable flock of WHIMBREL (200+) has been in on cow pasture or
other on the Lewis and Clark River all week as well. There are good
numbers of MARBLED GODWITS embedded in the flock. Three LESSER
YELLOWLEGS and a couple SHORT-BILLED DOWITCHERS at Brownsmead
yesterday.

Small shorebird movements have been spotty. There was decent
movement of WESTERN SANDPIPERS on 4/16, but not mostly DUNLIN
and SANDERLINGS since then.

There were 40+ AMERICAN WHITE PELICANS using the flooded fields
at Brownsmead yesterday.

All the resident swallow species have checked in including several
PURPLE MARTINS and a pair of NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOWS at
Brownsmead. I saw 3 VAUX'S SWIFTS over KMUN on my walk down to the
Co-op for onions this afternoons.

Droves of SAVANNA SPARROWS everywhere.

--
Mike Patterson