Date: 4/20/17 2:32 pm
From: sonia deetz <soniadeetz...>
Subject: Re: [MBBIRDS] Band Tailed pigeon
Band-tailed Pigeons have been regular visitors to our Corralitos yard and
feeders since we moved here in 1981! At first they were migrant spring
visitors to our the blossoming locust trees--feeding on blossoms and
nocking them to the ground. After we placed feeders, there have been two
distinct flocks of about 20 birds in each. One flock is now around much of
the year. The other flock is strictly a spring visitor. They hang out in
the locus trees and watch for me to fill the feeders, then surround them,
spilling lots of seeds for sparrows and other ground feeders. They are
particularly messy in the bird baths!
Sonia Deetz