Date: 4/20/17 11:06 am
From: Wink Gross <winkg...>
Subject: [obol] Pittock, NW Portland, week ending 4/19/17
Here is the summary of my morning walks from NW Seblar Terrace to
the Pittock Mansion for the week 4/13 to 4/19/17. Species neither
seen nor heard the previous week are in ALL CAPS.

Additional information about my walk, including an archive of
weekly summaries and a checklist, may be found at
http://www.hevanet.com/winkg/dogwalkpage.html <http://www.hevanet.com/winkg/dogwalkpage.html>

The sightings are also in eBird.

I did the walk 7 days this week, plus an afternoon walk on 4/19
(designated “PM”).

Thursdays in April and May, I am leading Morning Birdsong Walks
at the Pittock Mansion, sponsored by the Audubon Society of Portland.
Meet at the Mansion parking lot at 7AM. The walk goes to about 9AM,
but you’re free to leave whenever you need. Free, open to the
public, no registration required. For more information about this
and the other Morning Bird Song Walks, go to
http://audubonportland.org/trips-classes-camps/adult/Birdwalks

Species # days found (peak #, date)

CANADA GOOSE 1 (3, 4/13)
TURKEY VULTURE 1 (1, 4/17)
OSPREY 1 (1, 4/16)
COOPER’S HAWK 1 (1, 4/19)
RED-TAILED HAWK 1 (3, 4/16)
Band-tailed Pigeon 7 (8)
Anna’s Hummingbird 5 (3, 4/13)
Red-breasted Sapsucker 4 (4, 4/15)
Downy Woodpecker 3 (1)
Hairy Woodpecker 3 (1)
Northern Flicker 7 (3)
PILEATED WOODPECKER 5 (1)
MERLIN 1 (1, 4/17)
Hutton’s Vireo 6 (3)
Steller's Jay 7 (7)
American Crow 7 (12)
Violet-green Swallow 2 (2, 4/15 & 17)
Black-capped Chickadee 7 (8)
Chestnut-backed Chickadee 6 (8)
Bushtit 2 (2, 4/14)
Red-breasted Nuthatch 5 (6, 4/15)
Brown Creeper 3 (1)
Pacific Wren 7 (5)
Bewick’s Wren 6 (2)
Golden-crowned Kinglet 2 (3, 4/13)
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 7 (10, 4/19)
HERMIT THRUSH 3 (1)
American Robin 7 (12)
Varied Thrush 1 (1, 4/13)
European Starling 7 (5)
Orange-crowned Warbler 6 (4, 4/15)
YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER 2 (7, 4/16)
BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLER 1 (2, 4/19PM)
TOWNSEND’S WARBLER 1 (1, 4/19)
Dark-eyed Junco 7 (8)
GOLDEN-CROWNED SPARROW 1 (3, 4/18)
Song Sparrow 7 (13)
LINCOLN’S SPARROW 2 (1, 4/18 & 19)
Spotted Towhee 7 (6)
House Finch 7 (3)
Purple Finch 6 (3)
AMERICAN GOLDFINCH 1 (1, 4/15)
EVENING GROSBEAK 2 (4+, 4/17)

In the neighborhood but not found on dogwalk: Bald Eagle

Misses (birds found at least 3 days during previous 2 weeks but
not found this week): Fox Sparrow

Wink Gross
Portland

Join us on Facebook!