Date: 4/20/17 9:20 am
From: Warblerick <ricksussman1955...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Migrants
Didn't spend a lot of time watching the birds today, as early showers and work interfered. But I did spy my FOS Barn Swallow flying over (odd, since they were already on nests at Pt. Pelee, Ontario, Canada last Saturday), and my first single Broad-winged Hawk of the year heading NE shortly before 11 AM. House Wrens are already going from nest box to nest box destroying whatever they find. Tree Swallows are trying to nest in one of my boxes, so keeping my fingers crossed. A beautiful Palm Warbler spent the afternoon working through the red maple tree neaxt to my shop on Tuesday afternoon.
Rick Sussman
Woodbine, MD