Date: 4/19/17 7:08 am
From: Guineabird via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Jean Worthley.
Thanks Paul,

Your memories of Jean are perfect.
She was in good humor and always available to answer questions about any of
Nature's details, insect, butterfly, animal, plant. .
If she didn't know the answer, she knew who did.

There are few others as knowledgeable.
She will be missed.

Thanks again for your tribute.

Gail Frantz

In a message dated 4/18/2017 11:41:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
<myconut...> writes:

The M.O.S. has lost an enthusiastic and supportive birder, with the
passing of Jean R. Worthley. Her obituary appeared yesterday (17 April) in the
Balto. Sun. Long-time Baltimore area residents will remember her as "Miss
Jean" of "Hodgepodge Lodge", a children's TV nature program of earlier times.

I met her and husband Elmer when giving a slide presentation of Mushrooms
of Maryland at their home on Bonita Ave., just next door to the MPT building
(back of which was Hodgepodge Lodge!). In addition to her M.O.S. and other
affiliations, she and Elmer made a number of appearances at the annual
N.A.M.A.(N. Amer. Mycological Ass'n) annual forays, where we would again trade
pleasantries. Her support of Cylburn(Mansion) and BBC birding activities,
among other interests, is well known

I personally have lost a valued friend of my generation, a person of
exceptional intelligence and wit, who celebrated Life in all it's forms, in
loving fashion on this planet Earth.

Paul Noell
Balto. MD

Group 'Maryland & DC Birding'.
To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this group on
the web at _http://www.mdbirding.com_ (http://www.mdbirding.com/)
Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it here -
http://www.mdbirding.com/hotspot.html