Date: 4/18/17 5:08 pm
From: Lee Schoenewe <lschoe...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Shallow lake management shorebird opportunity
Little Swan Lake in eastern Dickinson County is undergoing a drawdown as
part of a shallow lake management plan for that body of water. The water
control structure is being constructed and mudflats are appearing. The
Prairie Lakes Audubon bird club has an outing scheduled for this Saturday,
4/22, at 9:00 AM at the Dickinson County Nature Center. We will be headed
directly to Little Swan to check this developing habitat for shorebirds, et
al and will then return via the grade at Spirit Lake and an additional
mudflat spot at the goose pond on the south end of West Hottes Lake. Time
permitting we will also check Grover's Lake and Diamond Lake areas with the
expectation of finding good birds by being in good habitat. Join us if you
can! Earth Day celebrations will also be taking place at the Nature Center
in the afternoon so there will be plenty to do. May the birds and the green
and the science be with us all as Earth Day comes and goes this week!!

Lee A. Schoenewe

Spencer