Date: 4/18/17 3:18 pm
From: Jacob Mathison <jacobmathison1...>
Subject: [obol] Re: [corvallis-birding] Herbert Farm (Corvallis) Shorebirds (incl. Solitary Sandpiper, Short-billed Dowitcher)
There's a peep behind the Least Sandpiper in your photo on eBird (ML54959341
<https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/54959341?__hstc=60209138.2c4333759195d609a4c764f7936890ff.1487192464112.1492543457265.1492550283095.91&__hssc=60209138.1.1492550283095&__hsfp=2717996492>)
that I'm pretty sure is a Semipalmated Sandpiper. It has a short bill,
black legs, dark cap and cheeks, gray across its chest (shown better in
ML54959611
<https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/54959611?__hstc=60209138.2c4333759195d609a4c764f7936890ff.1487192464112.1492543457265.1492550283095.91&__hssc=60209138.1.1492550283095&__hsfp=2717996492>),
and more brown on the back than Western Sandpiper, all of which point to
Semipalmated Sandpiper.

Jacob Mathison
Corvallis, Oregon
<jacobmathison1...>
jacobmathison1.wixsite.com/nature-photography