Date: 4/18/17 1:18 pm
From: Grant Stevenson <pahawkowl...>
Subject: Fwd: 4/15/17 Ashfield Road Spring Hawk Count, Between BOK and HMS on the kittatinny, between Slatington/Parmington S, and East Penn Twp. N
4/15/17 Ashfield Road Spring Hawk Count, Between BOK and HMS on the
kittatinny, between Slatington/Parmington S, and East Penn Twp. N

4-5p:

Black vulture 2

Turkey Vulture 6

1 molting

BWHA 24

PF 1, power flight

RTHA 2, 1 an ad.

osprey 1

great blue heron 1

Blue Jay 1

5-6p:

BWHA 18

AMKE 1

TV 4, 1 w/ molting trailing edge of secondaries

Osprey 1

RTH 1

Pileated Woodpecker 3

We gradually want to start a spring hawkwatch there if this spring yields
enough birds. We need counters. We use the instructions to the Bake Oven
Hawkwatch, i.e. the highest count of TV's per hour is that hour's total,
because of the place also being home to residents. Use HMANA sheets, or
make your own tally sheet that shows number of species per hour; post on
PABIRDS and/or eBird. Thanks!

Grant Stevenson
Fountain Hill, Lehigh County
<pahawkowl...>