Date: 4/18/17 9:52 am
From: Becky Reyes <breyes...>
Subject: [texbirds] Edinburg World Birding Center
Hi everyone,
A male Painted Bunting was spotted at our feeders near the entrance this
morning. 2 Ringed Kingfishers and Green Kingfishers were also seen at our
North Pond Overlook. Carolina Wren's are still chirping away throughout the
grounds. Below is this morning's Bird List.
We also have been getting many reports though that Indigo Buntings and
Yellow-breasted Chats are seen on the grounds. Last week, we had a Blue
Grosbeak at the feeder in front of the Fee Booth.

Happy Birding, all!

Edinburg Scenic Wetlands and World Birding Center, Hidalgo, Texas, US
Apr 18, 2017 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
45 species

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck 8
Blue-winged Teal 2
Plain Chachalaca 2
Least Grebe 1
Pied-billed Grebe 1
Neotropic Cormorant 12
Anhinga 1
Great Blue Heron 1
Great Egret 3
Snowy Egret 7
Tricolored Heron 1
Green Heron 2
Black-crowned Night-Heron 7
American Coot 2
Laughing Gull 2
Forster's Tern 5
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 10
Inca Dove 1
White-tipped Dove 1
White-winged Dove 7
Mourning Dove 1
Buff-bellied Hummingbird 2
Ringed Kingfisher 2
Green Kingfisher 2
Golden-fronted Woodpecker 1
Ladder-backed Woodpecker 1
Great Kiskadee 2
Tropical Kingbird 1
Couch's Kingbird 1
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher 1
White-eyed Vireo 4
Purple Martin 2
House Wren 1
Carolina Wren 1
Clay-colored Thrush 1
Curve-billed Thrasher 1
Long-billed Thrasher 4
Northern Mockingbird 1
Northern Cardinal 2
Painted Bunting 1
Red-winged Blackbird 1
Great-tailed Grackle 9
Brown-headed Cowbird 1
Lesser Goldfinch 4
House Sparrow 6

*Becky Reyes*

Naturalist Educator

Edinburg Scenic Wetlands and World Birding Center

PO Box 1079

714 Raul Longoria Rd

Edinburg, Texas 78540

956.381.9922 O 956.381-0715 F