Date: 4/17/17 8:43 am
From: Mary Wise <auntyem...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Purple Finches - Ann Arbor
Actually the purple finch females are much clearer. The female purple
finch has a very definite white eye stripe, whereas a female house finch
doesn't. It's very obvious when you see one. The coloration of the males
is more wine-ish than brick red, but I prefer to see a female to be sure.
Unless the male is singing. The song is more melodious than a house finch.

Mary

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 11:38 AM, Sally K. Scheer <winerat...>