Date: 4/17/17 8:39 am
From: jcdlmartin via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: RE: [MDBirding] St. Mary's County Rufous Hummingbird
Thanks, Tyler, for your thorough documentation of this bird. I'm glad I got to see her!

Joel Martin

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Monday, April 17, 2017 'James Tyler Bell' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...> wrote:
Well, it was bound to happen. The St. Mary's County second year female Rufous Hummingbird was last seen on Thursday afternoon (by me). Despite concentrated feeder watching over the weekend, she was not detected. The homeowner has not reported any hummingbird activity at the feeder so there's no confusion with arriving Ruby-throats.

There are only a handful of RUHU records in St. Mary's but this was by far the longest staying bird. She was first seen on 10/11 and last seen on 4/13. It was also a new species on the Patuxent CBC.

Will she come back next winter? Bruce Peterjohn says there's about a 10% chance. Will have to wait and see!

Tyler Bell
<jtylerbell...>
California, Maryland