Date: 4/16/17 4:43 pm
From: Isaac Denzer <bartailedgodwit...>
Subject: [obol] Newport yesterday
Hi all,

Sorry for the late report. Yesterday I birded the Newport area with Kai
and Ben Frueh, highlights below.

On the way in we stopped at the McNary Ln. Pond and found an early
SOLITARY SANDPIPER (photoshere
<https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35998165>), we stopped at the
pond again on the way home and the Sandpiper was still around.

We located the LAUGHING GULL 1.5 miles south of the South Beach SP
parking area (photoshere
<https://ebird.org/ebird/ybn/view/checklist/S35998421>), other gulls in
the area included am adult THAYER'S GULL and two HERRING GULLS.
Shorebirds at South Beach included one MARBLED GODWIT with a flock of
100 WHIMBREL, some WESTERN SANDPIPERS and one SANDERLING.

At the South Jetty he did an excellent job of missing the reported
Say's Phoebe. Asides from that it was quite dead.

At the Hatfield Marine Science Center highlight included: A PALM
WARBLER in full breeding plumage foraging outside the visitor center
(photos here <https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S36010789>), over
thirty CASPIAN TERNS, four DUNLIN and a SEMIPALMATED PLOVER.

Good birding!

Isaac

Join us on Facebook!