Date: 4/15/17 1:39 pm
From: Larry Meade via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] NVBC at Silver Lake Regional Park, Apr 15, 2017

Eighteen birders came out for a Northern Virginia Bird Club walk at Silver Lake Park near Haymarket. The walk was led by Phil Silas and by me. Conditions were generally gray and a bit cool, but we managed to tally fifty bird species anyway. Early on, we took the trail through the woods near the picnic area where we were pleased to find a pair of Red-breasted Nuthatches. We took a loop around the lake and found An Eastern Kingbird, House Wrens, a Chimney Swift, a Common Yellowthroat, Brown thrashers, and a couple of Palm Warblers. Northern Rough-winged Swallows appeared to be nesting in the school. We watched them fly in and out of vents in the outside walls. As always at Silver Lake, we also enjoyed seeing the Red-headed Woodpeckers.

Larry Meade

Merrifield, VA

Silver Lake Regional Park, Prince William, Virginia, US
Apr 15, 2017 7:11 AM - 10:27 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
50 species