Date: 4/15/17 9:50 am
From: John And Anna Bissell <john.annabissell...>
Subject: [ia-bird] North Iowa Birds this Morning
I checked spots in Winnebago, Hancock, Worth and Cerro Gordo Counties this morning. I picked up 8 FOYs including the following:

Myre Slough- Winnebago County
FOY Yellow-headed Blackbird, Great Egret, Sora, Virginia Rail, Sedge Wren, and Marsh Wren

Hanlontown Slough - Worth County
FOY American Bittern (2)

Sheetwater at Hanlontown along Highway 9
Lesser Yellowlegs, and a FOY Pectoral Sandpiper.

Waterfowl remain numerous at all marshes, and Mallard Marsh in Cerro Gordo County had both species of Yellowlegs in good numbers along with Bonaparte's Gulls in various stages of plumage.

Good birding
John Bissell
Grimes

Sent from my iPhone