Date: 4/15/17 8:28 am
From: Steve Harvey <saharv23...>
Subject: [ia-bird] red-bellied wood pecker vs. wood duck - question
This morning backing out of a wood duck house we saw a RBWO with a
feather in its beak. It hung for a moment then flew away as we
approached. This box was successful last year and I've seen WODU on the
pond 'neath the box this spring, but don't know if they are nesting
there. Do woodpeckers prey on duck eggs? Could the 'pecker be usurping
a convenient nesting place? Comments please.

Steve Harvey
rural Clarke Co.