Date: 4/14/17 8:32 pm
From: George Neavoll <gneavoll...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Light Pacific Wren at Mount Tabor
To add a bit of context: The bird was perched in the open for a long moment, unusual in itself. It then dove into the thick cover on the other side (the Mount Tabor side) of the road. I was being cautious in calling it a Pacific Wren, the expected species. Maybe it wasn't - a tantalizing notion.
Sender: <obol-bounce...>

It was about half-way along the e-side road between the park's north entrance and where it curves around to Tabor's south end. It flew from the direction of a flock of small passerines (mostly juncos).

George Neavoll

On Apr 14, 2017, at 4:33 PM, Lars Per Norgren wrote:

> *
>
> I'm inclined to agree with Jeff. Lacking a vocalization, I wouldn't eliminate Winter Wren. The time of year is compelling, number of transient Pac Wrens on Tabor is high right now. I would expect western Winter Wrens to be lighter than those in Maine. Lars
> On Apr 14, 2017, at 3:27 PM, Jeff Gilligan wrote:
>
>> Why do you write that it was not a Winter Wren (the east of the Rockies species)? I am not suggesting that it was, but why not?
>>

>>> On Apr 14, 2017, at 2:22 PM, George Neavoll <gneavoll...> wrote:
>>>
>>> Very light PACIFIC WREN bounding across e.-side road at Mount Tabor (S.E. East Tabor Drive on maps) this morning. It was light-colored enough to be the Winter Wren of the East - WHICH IT WAS NOT - but it was as light or even lighter than the Winter Wrens I've known in Maine (and elsewhere). Just saying . . .
>>>
>>> (Bird wasn't vocalizing. This morning's drizzly weather was no time to sing.)
>>>
>>> George Neavoll
>>> S.W. PortlandPOST: Send your post to <obol...>
>>> JOIN OR QUIT: http://www.freelists.org/list/obol
>>> OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol
>>> Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>
>>>

>> POST: Send your post to <obol...>