Date: 4/14/17 1:50 pm
From: Gross, Douglas <dogross...>
Subject: PGC Supports the PA Goshawk Project
Hi All PA Birders:
I would like to echo Laurie Goodrich's appeal for assistance with goshawk monitoring made yesterday.
Northern goshawk is a rare, difficult to study forest raptor that seems to be declining in population and breeding range. Any assistance with finding goshawk territories and nests is appreciated. Our PGC Wildlife Diversity team is absolutely supportive of this effort. Thanks, Laurie, for posting.

To repeat, the PA Goshawk Project information is accessible at: http://www.pabiologicalsurvey.org/goshawk/

See also an extensive news story on PA eBird: http://ebird.org/content/pa/news/northern-goshawk-reports-needed-for-the-ultimate-forest-raptor/

For more information about the PA Goshawk Project please see the PSO Pileated Newsletter March edition's Raven Reporter column as well as Laurie's appeal there.

Any goshawk sighting during the breeding season, from late March to June on game lands should be sent to the PGC: <pgcgoshawk...> Please share this information with other outdoors people.

All reports to the PA goshawk project or PGC will be kept confidential.

Thanks!
Doug Gross
PA Game Commission Wildlife Biologist
Endangered and Non-game Bird Section Supervisor,
<dogross...>
PA eBird: http://ebird.org/content/pa/

Join us on Facebook!