Date: 4/13/17 8:55 pm
From: 'jovet' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Calvert Trumpeter Swan, 4/13
And yet more ... a report by Danny Bystrak of one trumpeter swan at about 6:30 pm (if I read it right) about 1 mile away from the Rt. 4 bird.

And tonight, between 11:00 pm and 11:40 pm Jon Ranson and I heard at least 2 Trumpeters calling. Initially from north of the north end of Tenthouse Court. About 11:25 they started flying and calling - absolutely no question about the tin-horn type call quite close and loud - and then their calls dimmed as they flew eastward, so I thought they might be headed towards SERC. However, they returned and settled on the Owensville Rd. Pond, east of Tenthouse Court, calling. They were quiet when we ended our walk about 11:45.

Joanne Howl
West River, MD