Date: 4/13/17 7:58 pm
From: Juliet Berger <juliet.berger...>
Subject: [birders] Today's Washtenaw Audubon Spring Migration Walk at the Arb
Birders and friends,
Despite a cold, gray and relatively bird free start to our walk this
morning, we managed to warm up to a good list of birds. We started at 8,
and after 9:30 a.m.the birds really became active. At the Pine Warbler
spot near the Peony Gardens, we all had great views of a singing male Pine
Warbler down relatively low. You know the birding is good when you stay in
the same spot on the path for about 1/2 hour and aren't tempted to move
on. That spot also showed both Kinglets, a Carolina Wren sprucing up an
old crow's nest for his own, a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Yellow-rumped
Warbler and several obliging Hermit Thrushes, among others. We managed to
catch the hauntingly beautiful song of the Winter Wren on our way out, and
some of us got some decent looks at the elusive bird.
All in all, a respectable 44 species.
Our eBird checklist follows.
Join us next Thursday morning, same time, same location, and all Thursdays
through May.
Good birding,

Juliet Berger

Nichols Arboretum, Washtenaw, Michigan, US
Apr 13, 2017 8:00 AM - 11:19 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
Comments: JB. WAS Thursday morning spring migration walk. Sky 3.
Intermittent drizzle. 44F. Light winds.
44 species

Canada Goose 6
Wood Duck 5
Mallard 1
Cooper's Hawk 1
Bald Eagle 1
Red-tailed Hawk 3
Sandhill Crane 1
Killdeer 1
Double-crested Cormorant 3
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 3
Mourning Dove 3
Red-bellied Woodpecker 2
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 4
Downy Woodpecker 4
Northern Flicker 8
Eastern Phoebe 7
Blue Jay 6
American Crow 4
Tree Swallow 1
Black-capped Chickadee 8
Tufted Titmouse 12
White-breasted Nuthatch 4
Brown Creeper 1
Winter Wren 2
Carolina Wren 1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 1
Golden-crowned Kinglet 10
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 3
Eastern Bluebird 1
Hermit Thrush 6
American Robin 10
European Starling 5
Pine Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler 3
Dark-eyed Junco 3
White-throated Sparrow 8
Song Sparrow 6
Eastern Towhee 2
Northern Cardinal 6
Red-winged Blackbird 4
Common Grackle 2
Brown-headed Cowbird 16
House Finch 4
American Goldfinch 12

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/
checklist/S35920386

Setting options from the command line is explained in the User Guide:

https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/user User Guide
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/faquser FAQ

To search the archive and view jpeg images:
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/arc/birders

birders is hosted by the Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN):

http://www.glin.net

All views and opinions presented above are solely those
of the author or attributed source and do not necessarily
reflect those of GLIN or the Great Lakes Commission.