Date: 4/13/17 10:22 am
From: Alice Elliott <alelliot...>
Subject: [birders] Off-topic: Detroit Bio-Blitz looking for volunteers!
Hey all,

Several other grad students and I will be volunteering at D-Town Farm
on *Saturday,
May 6th *to conduct a Bio-Blitz! We will be working with the Detroit Black
Community Food Security Network, an awesome non-profit, to engage the youth
of Detroit and D-Town Farm to explore the biodiversity of the farm.

A BioBlitz is a rapid biodiversity assessment that combines taxonomic
inventory, public outreach and science education. This year we expect the
participation of 80+ youth and we need your help! We need people who can
identify birds really well, along with insects, amphibians, plants, and
more.

If you are interested in participating, please fill out this form:
https://docs.google.com/a/umich.edu/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScZ1YaI_
kReuIIYSWEbbD51csme7tSV-d9OySVCjaRcmOW9NQ/viewform (let me know if you
can't access it for some reason). Please fill it out by *April 17th*!

P.S. Check out this video of last year's BioBlitz:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ITXCHrL4Q0

Setting options from the command line is explained in the User Guide:

https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/user User Guide
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/help/faquser FAQ

To search the archive and view jpeg images:
https://glc-lists.merit.edu/sympa/arc/birders

birders is hosted by the Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN):

http://www.glin.net

All views and opinions presented above are solely those
of the author or attributed source and do not necessarily
reflect those of GLIN or the Great Lakes Commission.