Date: 4/12/17 10:02 pm
From: Dick FILBY <dickfilby...>
Subject: [cobirds] Red-throated Loon Kiowa County, Monday April 11
Hi Folks

Seems my “post from the road” failed to make it for some reason, so now we are home, here goes again

Denise and I had a basic-plumaged RED-THROATED LOON at Upper Queens (Neeskah) reservoir on Monday. Watched for 30minutes or so from the south shore, it gave good ‘scope views. We looked again for it Tuesday without success.

Other birds of interest present in that area on Monday were: 7 Long-billed Curlews just north of Neenoshe on east side of 287, a Semipalmated Sandpiper at the SE corner of Neenoshe, along with several Baird’s Sandpipers, American Avocets, Black-n.Stilts, 26.Long-b.Dowitchers, 2.Marbled Godwits, 3.Greater and 3.Lesser Yellowlegs. Upper Queens also hosted ca10 Bonaparte’s Gulls as well as a 2nd cycle Lesser Black-backed, 2.Franklin’s Gull, 40.Ring-billed Gulls, as well as 12.Horned Grebes, and a few Eared Grebes

Good birding all

Best wishes

Dick Filby
Carbondale, Garfield County