Date: 4/12/17 7:46 pm
From: Wink Gross <winkg...>
Subject: [obol] Pittock, NW Portland, week ending 4/12/17
Here is the summary of my morning walks from NW Seblar Terrace to
the Pittock Mansion for the week 4/6 to 4/12/17. Species neither
seen nor heard the previous week are in ALL CAPS.

Additional information about my walk, including an archive of
weekly summaries and a checklist, may be found at
http://www.hevanet.com/winkg/dogwalkpage.html <http://www.hevanet.com/winkg/dogwalkpage.html>

The sightings are also in eBird.

I did the walk 5 days this week.

Tomorrow, Thursday, Apr 13, is the second of this year's weekly
Morning Birdsong Walks at the Pittock Mansion, sponsored by the
Audubon Society of Portland. Meet at the Mansion parking lot at
7AM. The walk goes to about 9AM, but you’re free to leave
whenever you need. Free, open to the public, no registration
required.

Species # days found (peak #, date)

BALD EAGLE 1 (1, 4/7)
Band-tailed Pigeon 1 (1, 4/11)
Anna’s Hummingbird 1 (2, 4/6)
Downy Woodpecker 3 (2)
Hairy Woodpecker 1 (1, 4/12)
Northern Flicker 4 (2)
Hutton’s Vireo 2 (1, 4/7 & 12)
Steller's Jay 4 (4)
American Crow 5 (9)
Violet-green Swallow 1 (4, 4/11)
Black-capped Chickadee 4 (6)
Chestnut-backed Chickadee 3 (4)
BUSHTIT 2 (7, 4/6)
Red-breasted Nuthatch 3 (3)
Brown Creeper 1 (1, 4/11)
Pacific Wren 4 (2)
Bewick’s Wren 2 (1, 4/6 & 11)
Golden-crowned Kinglet 2 (5, 4/11)
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 3 (4)
American Robin 5 (10)
Varied Thrush 1 (1, 4/11)
European Starling 4 (5)
ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER 1 (1, 4/12)
Fox Sparrow 3 (2)
Dark-eyed Junco 4 (4)
Song Sparrow 5 (10)
Spotted Towhee 5 (6)
House Finch 4 (2)
Purple Finch 1 (1, 4/12)

In the neighborhood but not found on dogwalk: Red-breasted
Sapsucker (fide D. Byrne)

Misses (birds found at least 3 days during previous 2 weeks but
not found this week): Pileated Woodpecker

Wink Gross
Portland

Join us on Facebook!