Date: 4/12/17 5:19 pm
From: Bill Hohenstein <elliety...>
Subject: [Va-bird] White faced ibis Chincoteague nwr and more
I've posted a photo and short video clip of the White Faced Ibis.

Today was a day for several firsts. In addition to seeing the Ibis (which has been reported around here by others) I found two Prairie Warblers this morning and the Black Neck Stilts have come back to their breeding territories along the causeway from the mainland. I spotted 5 today (the firsts of the season).

Black skimmers have returned and Yellow Throated Warblers seem more common this year than any I can remember. Both sub-species of willets --the Atlantic and Western --are around in good numbers. They make an interesting contrast -- some overlap in habitat, but different behavior with the Atlantic becoming very territorial as they stake out their spots.

Here is a link to the photos/Videos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/73831614@N00/albums/72157682398173365