Date: 4/12/17 3:01 pm
From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Squirrel eats bird
8

I was wondering if fox squirrels were avivores . Since greydiggers (the Beechy groundsquirrel referred to by Dan Gleason) and chickarees (Rudi's red squirrel) eat them, it would be surprising if they didn't. I have often thought about the impact of deer on ground nesting birds, as most of the undergrowth is gone where the deer population is too high. But Darrel's mention of the deer's direct impact, eating baby birds, is gloomy food for thought. Lars