Date: 4/12/17 2:33 pm
From: Ed Maioriello <edm...>
Subject: [GABO-L] ORAS Bird Walk Saturday at Whitehall Forest - Athens-Clarke County
Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 8:00am

The Oconee Rivers Audubon Society will be hosting a bird walk at Whitehall
Forest Saturday at 8:00AM. This is a special treat as Whitehall is not
usually available to the public, and is a fantastic location for birding in
the Athens-Clarke County area. Together with the other adjacent UGA
properties including the State Botanical Garden, Whitehall Forest is a
Georgia Important Bird Area (IBA).

We will meet along the side of the entrance road just inside the gate.
Once we have all assembled we will caravan down to the parking area at
Flinchum's Phoenix. *After the gate is closed you will not be able to get
in so please don't be late. * The gate will automatically open from the
inside so birders may leave any time they wish.

Our bird walks are open to the public. We typically run 3-4 hours though
birders may leave at their convenience. Easy to moderate walking. Please
dress for the weather, wear practical shoes, bring insect repellent and
snacks/water as desired.

Again, *a*
*fter the gate is closed you will not be able to get in so please don't be
late. *

If you have any questions please contact Ed Maioriello at
<fieldtrip...> or 706-296-5275.

For directions about the Whitehall Forest click here and follow the
directions to Flinchum's Phoenix.
<http://www.warnell.uga.edu/about/directions.php#flinchum>

IMPORTANT NOTE: On occasion, field trips may have to be cancelled (bad
weather, etc.) or important details may change (for example, the original
meeting spot for a site may have to be changed if there is a trail closure
or parking problem). If you plan to attend a bird walk, ALWAYS check
www.oconeeriversaudubon.org the night before for updates.

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>