Date: 4/12/17 6:03 am
From: 'MikeBowen' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: Lolal Oberman
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 11:46:39 AM UTC-4, Warblerick wrote:
> For those who missed it, Lola Oberman passed away last week, at the age of 100. Her obituary can be found in the Washington Post online. She was a birder, very active in the Audubon Naturalist Society and the MD Ornithological Society thru the Montgomery Bird Club, as well as author of several books on her birding experiences and a monthly columnist for the ANS paper. She was a very sweet lady, very generous with her time, leading many field trips throughout the years, and will be greatly missed.
> Rick Sussman
> Woodbine, MD

Thanks to Rick for posting this sad information and to Marcia Watson for referencing the Wash. Post obituary. I just heard from Lola's friend Marian Mudd that there will be a memorial service for Lola at 1 p.m. on Friday, May 5, at ANS headquarters (Woodend) in Chevy Chase, MD. (This information is also given in the WP obit.)

Michael Bowen
Bethesda, MD