Date: 4/11/17 5:48 pm
From: Mark S. Johnson <marksjohnson2...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Smart on Pesticides

Friends,

Great news! Thanks to your endless support, the Maryland General Assembly has passed important legislation that will keep state pollinator habitat free of toxic pesticides!

The bill (SB 386/HB 830) requires that designated state pollinator habitat be free of toxic pesticides known to harm bees, birds, butterflies and other pollinators. This ensures we don't harm the very species we are trying to protect.

Despite many attempts to weaken the bill, it passed with strong bipartisan support.

Your voice made a real difference! We can't thank you enough for your work to protect pollinators in our state!

Last year, your e-mails to the Governor helped make sure he allowed the bill to become law. We've come so far, but there's still one thing left to do -- help us make sure this bill gets signed by Governor Hogan!

Please click to contact the Governor's office today to encourage him to sign the bill!

Don't hesitate -- ACT NOW to urge Governor Hogan to sign SB 386/HB 830 into law!.

Thank you!

Don't miss a thing -- follow the action on Facebook and Twitter (@PesticidesSmart) for news about pesticides and what you can do to help bees and pollinators survive and thrive!

If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click here.