Date: 4/11/17 5:53 am
From: Diane K. Bierly <dkb246...>
Subject: Fwd: [PABIRDS] Sightings Needed PA Farmland Raptor Project
------ Original Message ------
From: Katie Andrews <katieandrews79...>
To: <PABIRDS...>

Once again Hawk Mountain Sanctuary is asking for your help in reporting
sightings of four species of raptors for our Farmland Raptor Project:
American Kestrel, Northern Harrier, Short-eared Owl and Barn Owl. We are
particularly interested in knowing if any Short-eared Owls are nesting in
PA. You can report directly to us using an Online Sighting Form
<http://www.hawkmountain.org/farmland-raptor-information/raptor-farmland~farmlandSightings.aspx>
on our web page www.hawkmountain.org/farmlandraptors or by email:
<farmlandraptors...> If you currently report your sightings to eBird
please continue to do that, but we ask that for all raptors if you are
aware of a nesting site please permanently hide the observation(which still
allows researchers to access the data but keeps the birds from being
disturbed). To hide your observations go to manage my observations after
submitting a checklist, click on the checklist you want to hide and scroll
to the bottom, there is a link there to hide the checklist. EBird has a
good summary on reporting sensitive species.
<http://help.ebird.org/customer/portal/articles/1006789-guidelines-for-reporting-sensitive-species>
Thank you very much for your help and cooperation.

Dr. Laurie Goodrich
Katie Andrews
Hawk Mountain Sanctuary

Join us on Facebook!