Date: 4/10/17 2:30 pm
From: Josh Fecteau <joshuafecteau...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] York County sightings: FORSTER'S TERN and more...
Hi all,

An exciting day of birding in Wells, Kennebunk, and Sanford...

I began the day in Wells with 2 CHIPPING SPARROWS, 1 RUBY-CROWNED
KINGLET, 3 PALM WARBLERS, and 1 PINE WARBLER along Coles Hill Road
between the Merriland River and Merriland Farm.

Next stop was the Kennebunk Plains, where I saw 2 EASTERN MEADOWLARKS,
2 VESPER SPARROWS, and 5+ AMERICAN KESTRELS.

Finally, I spent nearly 4 hours at the Sanford Lagoons, and saw 1
PIED-BILLED GREBE, 1 SWAMP SPARROW, 3 NORTHERN SHOVELERS, 2 GADWALL,
8+ WILSON'S SNIPE, 20 TREE SWALLOWS, 10 SAVANNAH SPARROWS, 1 PALM
WARBLER, and, last but certainly not least, 1 immature FORSTER'S TERN!
The tern flew over the ponds for about 15 minutes before flying out of
view (perhaps to follow the Mousam River south?).

Best,
Josh

Inspiring Nature Connection in New England
joshfecteau.com | patreon.com/JoshFecteau