Date: 4/10/17 6:21 am
From: Paul Evans <paulevansdo...>
Subject: [obol] Black Throated Gray Warbler Ankeny NWR
I birded Ankeny NWR yesterday morning. At Eagle Marsh area on the recently opened grassy road to the small ponds I saw a male BLACK THROATED GRAY WARBLER. Beautiful breeding plumage. I watched him for a full 10 minutes. Clear yellow lore spot, white cheek stripe and white wing bars.

Many COMMON YELLOWTHROATS male and female sightings. Also got ORANGE CROWNED WARBLER, YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER (Myrtle and Audubon's), SORA (heard), as well as usual ducks that have been there all winter (RUDDY DUCK, RING-NECKED DUCK, AMERICAN WIDGEON, NORTHERN PINTAIL, NORTHERN SHOVELER, BUFFLEHEADS, NORTHERN SHOVELER, AMERICAN COOT, MALLARD).

There were 4 MARSH WRENS having a chattering contest in the cat tails as well.

Spectacular day to be birding!

Paul Evans
Salem. OR

Sent from my iPadPOST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!