Date: 4/10/17 6:21 am
From: S.D. <sdjbwilson...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Peregrine falcon and wood duck
Yesterday my youngest son stopped on a street near Saunders Park in Mt. Pleasant to what he thought was an injured owl flopping in the middle of the street with feathers flying. When he stopped however a female wood duck took off flying with the falcon in hot pursuit. I knew these falcons were deadly to pidgeons; but I did not realize they are predators of wood ducks. Mama wood ducks are sitting on eggs right now. Hope she made it back to the nest.

Joy Wilson Henry County
Mt. Pleasant