Date: 4/9/17 11:32 pm
From: DAVID A LEATHERMAN <daleatherman...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Re: BRONZED COWBIRD photographed in Lamar by Jill White Smith
I was fortunate enough to see that first Bronzed Cowbird in the Carters' yard on 16June 1990.

The second report (not counting the reappearance of the Carters' bird in 1991) was, I believe, from Pritchett w of Springfield by Jim Dennis, who worked for the CO Division of Wildlife in Fort Collins, and who had a summer place down near the Pinyon Canyon Manuever Site in Las Animas County. I believe Jim, who was an avid birder and long retired from DOW (aka DPW), is now living in Maryland.

As an aside, when the ABA Convention was in Fort Collins in 2000, Jim was walking around the hotel lobby with a bird in a ziplock bag he had just been given by a homeowner in Loveland: a YELLOW RAIL! Nobody can figure out what ever happened to the specimen and apparently there was no documentation of that very important record, either.

Dave Leatherman

Fort Collins