Date: 4/8/17 3:58 pm
From: Ann Johnson <aj...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Polk County Birds
I got out for about an hour this afternoon. Things are apparently moving on
the south wind. At Dale Maffitt park I had the first group of Chipping
Sparrows (~30) of the spring. No Common Loons that I could find but there
were a number of kayakers out and about. I first saw a returning Osprey on
the cell tower on Army Post Rd. a week ago. Still no mate evident today.
Most surprising was a new Polk County bird for me as I was on my way home
from the grocery store. Just south of Southridge Mall a Swainson's Hawk flew
over fairly low giving a great but brief view.

Ann Johnson

Norwalk, IA