Date: 4/8/17 12:16 pm
From: world oceans <world.oceans7...>
Subject: Re: [GABO-L] Nuthatch ID
Hi Ginny,

The number of repetitions and even the speed (tempo) are not necessarily
critical in identifying nuthatch voices.....the number and spacing of reps
can vary a lot. What is more important is the tonal quality,i.e. the
characteristics of the sound itself -- what we musicians call the timbre
(pronounced 'tam-ber'). If the sounds you heard sounded like the ones on
the app, and not like the white-breasteds you've heard before, it seems
likely you were hearing a red-breasted! You might want to listen to some
other recordings of the species on youtube to be more sure.

Good birding,
James Gibson
Clayton Co.