Date: 4/8/17 11:53 am
From: Tim Houghton <timhoughton...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Clay colored on driver road
A lot of fun tracking the clay-colored this morning, which had a tendency to circle an area starting downhill from the parking lot and then going right along the brush line and then back uphill to the small trees by the trail and then around again, with sometimes darting to the middle area. Saw it 4, maybe 5, times, with one especially good look when it posed not far away on top of a bush. Eventually a phalanx of county birders showed up and at least some of them got it.

A couple of other highlights: one purple finch and a half dozen or so yellow palms.

I then went to Patapsco-Henryton where I ran into a really cool large warbler flock along the river, including over a dozen pine warblers, nearly 10 palms, and several yellow rumps.

Tim Houghton
(Glen Arm)