Date: 4/8/17 10:41 am
From: Jeff Blalock <jcbabirder...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Fwd: eBird Report - Falkland Rd, St Rd 716; Halifax County, VA, Apr 8, 2017
Greetings all

This morning I meet Julian and Amanda Dymacek from Farmville and we birded the Banister River WMA and then Falkland Farm Rd.

Just as we had gone a little way on Falkland Farm Rd I saw something in the middle of the road that was moving but wasn't going anywhere. At first I thought it was a small branch with some leaves on it being blown by the wind.

I stopped and took a look and was surprised to see it was a female Am Woodcock with two chicks. We got out and was able to take some very up close pictures before I made them get off the road so that they wouldn't get run over.

Click on the link below to see pictures.

From my iPhone

May God Bless and Keep You

Jeff Blalock
103 Elizabeth Court