Date: 4/8/17 9:30 am
From: Vineeta <vineetaa...>
Subject: Re: [Va-bird] Prairie falcon
Thanks to Tony's post earlier this morning, I finally saw the prairie
falcon on my sixth visit to the defunct electric plant. Several of us saw
it engage in a dog fight, sorry, wrong animal metaphor, with a crow or two.
We also saw a pair of turkey vultures or TVs mating, and an osprey busy
gathering sticks for a nest on the water.
Yesterday, on the Mt. Vernon trail heading north toward the berm where the
birders were looking for the falcon, a runner warned me of a black snake
about to slide off a tree on to the trail, so if you go, do be on the
lookout for other creatures.
Cheers, Vineeta in Alexandria

"In the end only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you
lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you."
-Gautama Buddha