Date: 4/5/17 11:57 am
From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Nashville Warbler breeding status in Coast Range
*

I have never detected the species in the Coast Range from Benton Co
north, after 35 years of my constant presence there. I agree with Paul
that eastern Hood River County is an awesome place for the species.
Toll Gate County Park in the camping sites is especially accessible
to the public. An easy hour and a half from downtown Portland, even quicker
trip from the airport, where all the out of state listers will be streaming in.
Lars
On Apr 5, 2017, at 11:02 AM, Paul Sullivan wrote:

> If you look at the Oregon Breeding Bird Atlas for the map of Nashville
> Warbler breeding distribution you will see that this species is regular in
> the southern half of western Orgon, but missing on the west side as you go
> north. The species range continues NE from Eugene into the Cascades and
> eastern Oregon all the way to the Columbia.
>
> There is one hexagon with a POSSIBLE breeding record on the Lincoln/Benton
> county line.
> There is one hexagon with a POSSIBLE breeding record in Polk county.
> There is one hexagon with a POSSIBLE breeding record in the NE corner of
> Yamhill county.
> There is one hexagon with a PROBABLE breeding record at the corner of
> Yamhill/Tillamook/Washington county.
> There are no hexagons with POSSIBLE breeding records in Clatsop, Columbia or
> Multnomah counties.
>
> While folks in Eugene can see this species regularly each spring, I have had
> years when I missed it entirely in Yamhill county. On the other hand I've
> found them thick on the east side of Hood River county.
>
> Paul Sullivan
>
> --------------------------
> Subject: Re: Nashville Warbler breeding status in Coast Range
> Date: Tue Apr 4 2017 20:31 pm
> From: greenfant AT hotmail.com
>
> I know of no Coast Rangerecord with the last 10 yearsother than Jeff Hayes
> sighting near Hayward April 29, 2012 in Washington Co. I presume that bird
> was a migrant. I don't believeNashville Warbler is breeding in Washington
> Co.
>
> Stefan Schlick
> Hillsboro, OR
>

> POST: Send your post to <obol...>