Date: 4/5/17 9:43 am
From: Doug Wentzel <djw105...>
Subject: April 5th Migration Morning
Greetings all,

Bald Eagle, Common Loon, Winter Wren, Blue-headed Vireo and 45 other species contributed to this morning’s walk — a great way to kick off our 20th year of the Spring Migration Morning program. Our group of 23 spent the first half hour along the shore of Lake Perez and then walked to the boardwalk and back. Additional highlights included a singing Ruby-crowned Kinglet, a pair of sapsuckers, a variety of waterfowl and of course, Osprey. Wednesday walks will continue through mid-May, 7 to 8:30 am and we will meet at the Stone Valley main office parking area.

Thanks to Wiscoy for Animals for their support of Migration Morning program.

Shaver's Creek Env. Center--Boardwalk, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, US
Apr 5, 2017 6:55 AM - 8:35 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
49 species

Canada Goose 3
Wood Duck 1
Mallard 3
Ring-necked Duck 23
Bufflehead 6
Hooded Merganser 1
Red-breasted Merganser 16 Birds observed (m.o.) on Lake Perez with a spotting scope under good conditions.
Common Loon 4
Pied-billed Grebe 1
Great Blue Heron 1
Turkey Vulture 5
Osprey 2
Bald Eagle 2
Ring-billed Gull 4
Mourning Dove 2
Belted Kingfisher 2
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 2
Downy Woodpecker 1
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 2
Pileated Woodpecker 2
Eastern Phoebe 6
Blue-headed Vireo 1
Blue Jay 3
American Crow 3
Common Raven 1
Tree Swallow 6
Black-capped Chickadee 4
Tufted Titmouse 3
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
Winter Wren 1
Carolina Wren 1
Golden-crowned Kinglet 6
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2
Eastern Bluebird 1
American Robin 6
Pine Warbler 2
Chipping Sparrow 4
Dark-eyed Junco 1
Song Sparrow 6
Swamp Sparrow 2
Northern Cardinal 2
Red-winged Blackbird 18
Common Grackle 6
Brown-headed Cowbird 1
Purple Finch 5
American Goldfinch 1

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35711894 <http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S35711894>

Doug Wentzel, Jon Kauffman and Joshua Potter

Shaver's Creek Environmental Center
The Pennsylvania State University
3400 Discovery Road
Petersburg, PA 16669-2114